The E-Z RATCH™ Torsion Spring Winding System takes only minutes to learn how to use and can produce significant savings in labor time. It is designed to meet the needs of the professional garage door technician by providing Ease of Operation, Durability, and Safer Working Conditions. Giving the operator control of the torsion spring at all times during the winding or unwinding operation translates into less fear, more confidence, and fewer injuries on the job.
The Gear Adapter couples to a spring cone in seconds simply by the press of a latch and securing 1 or 2 pins (depending on application).
- Rotational increment: spline teeth spacing allows as small as 1/8 of a turn to wind/unwind springs in tight spaces.
- Mounting arm spacing allow it to be coupled to spring cone sizes up to and including 4 3/4″ diameter.
- Dual mounting arms allow secure coupling to commercial size springs.
- Made from durable & rust resistant stainless steel castings.
Extendable Ratchet Handles
Extendable Ratchet Handles adjust with a push of a button to give the operator the leverage needed to wind and unwind commercial springs.
- Minimum Length: 21″, Maximum Length: 30″
- Made from heavy gauge tubing and durable & rust resistant SS castings.
- Allow technician to wind residential springs without using a ladder.
Setup spec.s – CRK001
- Complete setup time < 20 sec.s
- Compatible with 1″ main torsion bar installations
- Min. header clearance (center of torsion bar to header): 3″
E-Z RATCH™ Torsion Spring Winding System Includes:
- 2 – 21″ Extendable Reversing Ratchets (extend to a full 30″ in length)
- 1 – All Purpose Commercial Cone Adaptor Gear (double-ended)
- 6 – Cone Adapter Pins, 1 each of 7/16″, 1/2″ and 2 each of 5/8″, 3/4″
- 1 – Safety Clamp
- 1 – Plastic Kitbox holds tool set and accessories.
- 1 – Set of Operating Instructions
Weight (kit): 13.5 lbs